Tuesday 15 October 2013

Small Acrylic Painting.






     These photos above are the pieces I have researched by Gary Hume. I looked at this piece because they related to the technique I was using on my piece. I chose a drawing I had produced in life drawing to copy. Then I sketched it out in my book at started mapping out the different blocks of colour I would use. 







First, I prime my board with two layers of white paint and sanded it after to make it smooth. After this I started sketching out on the board my image of choice, which are my feet. After this I started mixing the colours I would need and started painting my board. Once the image was painted on I gave it a second coat and it was finished. I really like my outcome because we were not aloud to use shading and tone I find the blocks of colour are very bold and interesting. Also I chose to do two different tones of purple in the background to break up the painting because I found it was too much space behind the painting. Over all I find the final outcome to be very nice and I’m happy with it.


I found the photos for my research on ; http://www.saatchigallery.com/aipe/gary_hume.htm

No comments:

Post a Comment