Tuesday 8 October 2013

Porcelain Peg.


       This is a porcelain piece we created of one of our objects. I chose a peg because I find them small and cute and thought it would be interesting making something plastic out of porcelain. I carved out each side of the peg individually and then later I joined them by scoring them and using slip. I used several tools on this piece including a ceramics knife, pin, soft tool and a wooden tool. I like how my peg has come out because it does look realistic however I should of spent more time on making the underneath look the same as the top because one side is more rough than the other. Also the spring broke whilst it was in the kiln so that part makes it also look bad however I still like the piece however I like how small and petite it is.

No comments:

Post a Comment