Wednesday 6 November 2013

Graphics project.

Peter Blake






                This is the beginning of the research I have done for this project. Peter Blake has been used a lot in this project because his work is very similar to the project I am doing with small items. I also like using his work in research because I love how he produces art I think a lot of his work is amazing.

            This project is about collections and producing a piece of work on our collection of items. Blake has produced a lot of collections in his work, for example he has done a whole piece per letter of the alphabet. I love how he has laid out his work and I would like to try the same sort of thing on my project.
      http://ivanhoebooks.blogspot.co.uk/2008_10_01_archive.html
      
                                                                        Lisa Milroy





 Lisa Milroy is another artist I came across who does the same sort of thing with collections. The difference is that instead of making sculptures and photographing them, she draws the collection instead. Some of her pieces consist of loads of different items like the first one with scissors but other times she’ll just draw the same item multiple times over in a row or at angles. I find this interesting and I have never seen anyone do it before. It is original and I like her style of drawing, it is very realistic. The ones I don’t like that much are the ones where they are cluttered, I like the individual ones because they look more like a photograph and you notice the talent of the drawing more. When they are all overlaying each other I think it looks more like drawings and therefore not as interesting.
      http://www.lisamilroy.net/







I started photographing my collection with different characteristics in groups. For example there’s small items, made of material, wooden, circular and loads of different combinations. I also photographed every item individually to make a collage in Photoshop. 
       This is a collage of images I created on Photoshop. To create this affect I used the layers Hard Mix, Subtract and Difference. I left one image un-edited so it would stick out amongst the rest and to show the different against the edited ones. 

Layers ; Divide, Exclusion, Subtract.


On this I changed the brightness and sharpened the images.

This is where I started experimenting with the saturation and hue to change the colours.




This is an effect I like, I used overlay which the same image except changing the scale. Then I used the layer divide to get the strange colours.

The below images are my final outcomes. 











These are the final outcomes I have produced. I started by photographing my objects separately then overlaying loads of different photos over each other to get this sort of blocky effect. Then after this I change the saturation and hue to change the colours and not affect the photographs. I do like my final outcomes and I plan on printing them out in A1, however, I wish I had edited it more to make the objects more defined.


No comments:

Post a Comment